- 3 slices wholemeal bread, crusts removed, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 1kg turkey mince
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce, whole berry
- 75g tasty cheese, grated
- salt & pepper, optional
- 4 sheets frozen reduced-fat ready-rolled puff pastry, partially thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Place bread into a large bowl, drizzle with water and allow to soak for 3 minutes. Drain and then squeeze water from bread.
- Combine bread, mince, onions cranberry sauce, cheese, and salt and pepper (optional) in a large bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Cut a sheet of pastry in half. Spoon 3/4 cup of turkey mixture along 1 long edge of pastry. Brush opposite edge with water. Roll up and firmly press to seal. Cut into 5 smaller rolls. Using a sharp knife, mark with lines in the top of each roll. Place onto prepared tray. Repeat with remaining turkey mixture and pastry.
- Brush rolls with egg and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through. Makes 40 small rolls
Fresh fact: These rolls tastes just taste like chicken and the cranberry sauce adds an appealing sweetness.