- 3 slices wholemeal bread, crusts removed, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 1kg turkey mince
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce, whole berry
- 75g tasty cheese, grated
- salt & pepper, optional
- 4 sheets frozen reduced-fat ready-rolled puff pastry, partially thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Place bread into a large bowl, drizzle with water and allow to soak for 3 minutes. Drain and then squeeze water from bread.
- Combine bread, mince, onions cranberry sauce, cheese, and salt and pepper (optional) in a large bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Cut a sheet of pastry in half. Spoon 3/4 cup of turkey mixture along 1 long edge of pastry. Brush opposite edge with water. Roll up and firmly press to seal. Cut into 5 smaller rolls. Using a sharp knife, mark with lines in the top of each roll. Place onto prepared tray. Repeat with remaining turkey mixture and pastry.
- Brush rolls with egg and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through. Makes 40 small rolls
Fresh fact: These rolls tastes just taste like chicken and the cranberry sauce adds an appealing sweetness.
Recipe supplied by Toddler Tastes
The information on this site does not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making, or refraining from making, any decision. The information on this site should not replace the expertise of qualified professionals, and if you have any concerns, you should always consult a qualified professional.