- 450g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tbs reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 190g can tuna in springwater, drained
- 1 cup sweetcorn, drained
- a sprig of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1 egg yolk
- spray oil
- 50g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Boil the potatoes for 10-12 minutes, or until tender. Drain and mash with the mayonnaise and set aside to cool.
- When cool add the tuna, sweetcorn and parsley, cheese and egg yolk and mix well. Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and form into fish cakes about 1-inch thick.
- Press each patty lightly into the breadcrumbs. Place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Lightly spray with spray oil and bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden, turning halfway through. Serve with your toddler’s favourite raw veggies or salad. Serves 6
Fresh tip: Vary this recipe by using a mix of regular and sweet potatoes.