- 450g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tbs reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 190g can tuna in springwater, drained
- 1 cup sweetcorn, drained
- a sprig of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1 egg yolk
- spray oil
- 50g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Boil the potatoes for 10-12 minutes, or until tender. Drain and mash with the mayonnaise and set aside to cool.
- When cool add the tuna, sweetcorn and parsley, cheese and egg yolk and mix well. Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and form into fish cakes about 1-inch thick.
- Press each patty lightly into the breadcrumbs. Place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Lightly spray with spray oil and bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden, turning halfway through. Serve with your toddler’s favourite raw veggies or salad. Serves 6
Fresh tip: Vary this recipe by using a mix of regular and sweet potatoes.
Recipe supplied by Toddler Tastes
The information on this site does not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making, or refraining from making, any decision. The information on this site should not replace the expertise of qualified professionals, and if you have any concerns, you should always consult a qualified professional.