- 1 cup quinoa grain, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp hot paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400g zucchini, coarsely grated
- 500g sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- salt and pepper, to season
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Place quinoa in a small saucepan with vegetable stock. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes until all the stock is absorbed.
- Heat a little oil in a small non-stick frying pan and sauté the onion until soft and golden, add spices and cook for a further minute. Place in a large bowl. Add the cooked quinoa, garlic, zucchini, sweet potato, eggs, cheese, salt and pepper and mix to combine well.
- Pour the mixture into a greased ovenproof dish and arrange cherry tomatoes on top. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until pie is set and browned on top. Serves 4-6
Fresh tip: This pie can be prepared in advance and re-heated when required.
Recipe created exclusively for the Woolworths Baby and Toddler Club
The information on this site does not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making, or refraining from making, any decision. The information on this site should not replace the expertise of qualified professionals, and if you have any concerns, you should always consult a qualified professional.