- 680g Woolworths no-preservatives beef sausages
- 1 onion, chopped
- 100g red capsicum, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground chilli
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 400g can salt-reduced chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato passata
- 250g kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup chopped coriander
- steamed brown rice, to serve
- mashed avocado and sour cream, to serve
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the sausages and cook, turning occasionally for 5 minutes or until browned. Remove and drain on paper towel then cut each sausage in half.
- Wipe the frying pan out and heat a little extra oil. Add the onion and capsicum and cook for 3-4 minutes until tender then add the chilli and cumin. Cook for another minute then stir in the tomatoes, passata, beans and 1/3 cup water.
- Simmer the sauce for 5 minutes then return the sausages to the pan. Cook for another 8-10 minutes until the sausages are cooked through then stir through coriander.
- Serve with brown rice, mashed avocado and sour cream. Serves 4
Fresh tip: For a Chilli Con Carne-style sauce, substitute 500g lean beef mince for the sausages.
Recipe created exclusively for the Woolworths Baby and Toddler Club
The information on this site does not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making, or refraining from making, any decision. The information on this site should not replace the expertise of qualified professionals, and if you have any concerns, you should always consult a qualified professional.