- butter for greasing
- 170g plain flour
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 115g butter, chopped and chilled
- 75g light soft brown sugar
- 900g ripe plums
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Lightly grease an ovenproof dish.
- Sieve the flour and cinnamon into a large bowl.
- Using your fingers, rub the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs, then stir in the sugar.
- Scatter the plums into the ovenproof dish and sprinkle over the sugar, cinnamon and the flour, and mix together.
- Cover with the crumble topping and bake for 25-30 minutes until the crumble is crisp and the fruit is bubbling around the edges of the dish. Serve with custard. Serves 6
Fresh tip: This family favourite is also tasty with cream or natural yogurt.
The information on this site does not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making, or refraining from making, any decision. The information on this site should not replace the expertise of qualified professionals, and if you have any concerns, you should always consult a qualified professional.