- butter for greasing
- 170g plain flour
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 115g butter, chopped and chilled
- 75g light soft brown sugar
- 900g ripe plums
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Lightly grease an ovenproof dish.
- Sieve the flour and cinnamon into a large bowl.
- Using your fingers, rub the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs, then stir in the sugar.
- Scatter the plums into the ovenproof dish and sprinkle over the sugar, cinnamon and the flour, and mix together.
- Cover with the crumble topping and bake for 25-30 minutes until the crumble is crisp and the fruit is bubbling around the edges of the dish. Serve with custard. Serves 6
Fresh tip: This family favourite is also tasty with cream or natural yogurt.