- 400g pack Woolworths Beef Traditional Meatballs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 400g can salt-reduced crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato passata
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped basil
- 350g risoni
- 2 tbs chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place the meatballs on an oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Transfer to the oven and cook for 15 minutes until browned and cooked through.
- While the meatballs are in the oven, heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes until onion is soft, then stir in the tomatoes, passata and wine. Cook for 5 minutes until reduced and slightly thickened then stir through the basil and baked meatballs and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Cook the risoni according to packet instructions. Drain, toss with parsley and spoon onto serving dishes. Divide the meatballs and sauce over the risoni and serve with grated parmesan. Serves 4 adults
Fresh tip: For a bolognaise-style sauce, substitute 500g lean beef mince for the meatballs.
Recipe created exclusively for the Woolworths Baby and Toddler Club
The information on this site does not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making, or refraining from making, any decision. The information on this site should not replace the expertise of qualified professionals, and if you have any concerns, you should always consult a qualified professional.