- 50g Select Butter
- 2 medium leeks, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 Select Rindless Bacon Rashers, chopped finely
- 2 x sheets Homebrand Puff Pastry
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Woolworths Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Select Frozen Peas
- 1/2 cup Homebrand Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease a loose-bottom flan tin and place it on an oven tray. Separate pastry sheets and allow to thaw.
- Melt butter in a medium frying pan; add leeks cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from pan. Add bacon to same pan, cook stirring, until crisp; drain on paper towel.
- Meanwhile, place one pastry sheet in flan tin; overlap with second sheet, trim away overlapping pastry. Prick pastry base with a fork, cover with baking paper; fill with dried beans, rice or pastry beads. Blind bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove paper and beans; cool pastry case. Reduce oven to 180°C.
- Whisk eggs and cream in a small bowl.
- Spread leeks into pastry case; top with bacon. Pour in egg mixture; sprinkle with peas and cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until filling sets. Cool for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with salad or vegetables. Serves 4
Fresh tip: Filling can be made in advance. Tart is suitable to freeze.
Recipe created exclusively for the Woolworths Baby and Toddler Club
The information on this site does not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making, or refraining from making, any decision. The information on this site should not replace the expertise of qualified professionals, and if you have any concerns, you should always consult a qualified professional.