- 4 large Woolworths Vol Au Vents
- 40g Homebrand Butter
- 2 tbs Homebrand Plain Flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup gruyere cheese, grated
- 40g shaved leg ham
- 2 cups english spinach, shredded
- 4 Homebrand eggs
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the vol-au-vents onto a baking tray.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Stir in plain flour until smooth. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in milk and stir over medium heat until sauce boils and thickens. Stir in grated cheese.
- Fill each vol-au-vent with ham and 1/3 cup spinach. Make a hollow in spinach and crack one egg into each.
- Cover with the cheese sauce and bake Ham, Egg and Spinach Pie for 10 to 15 minutes until hot and egg is cooked. Serves 4
Fresh tip: This dish is a nutritional delight with iron in the spinach, protein in the ham, carbs in the pastry and 11 vitamins and minerals in the egg.
Recipe supplied by Woolworths Fresh magazine
The information on this site does not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making, or refraining from making, any decision. The information on this site should not replace the expertise of qualified professionals, and if you have any concerns, you should always consult a qualified professional.