- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely diced
- 1 red capscium, deseeded, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 500g mince beef
- 1 tsp Mexican chilli powder
- 1 x 400g can no-added salt chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 x 400g can red kidney beans
- Vaalia Natural Probiotic Yoghurt, to serve
- steamed rice, to serve
- salad, to serve
- Heat a little oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion, carrot, capsicum and garlic, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the onion is soft but not brown.
- Add the beef and cook, stirring for 8 minutes or until browned. Stir through spices, cook for 1-2 minutes. Add tomatoes and 1 cup of water. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid, and simmer for a further 3 minutes, add the kidney beans, simmer for a further 2 minutes. Serve with Vaalia Natural Probiotic Yoghurt, rice and salad. Serves 4 adults
Fresh tip: Suitable for freezing.
Recipe created exclusively for Woolworths Baby and Toddler Club
The information on this site does not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making, or refraining from making, any decision. The information on this site should not replace the expertise of qualified professionals, and if you have any concerns, you should always consult a qualified professional.