- 4 small chicken breast fillets, cut into 2cm cubes
- plain flour, for dusting
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tbs wholegrain mustard
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 2 tbs sour cream
- mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables, to serve
- Toss chicken in flour then shake off excess. Heat a little oil in a large, deep non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat. Cook chicken in batches until golden then set aside.
- Heat a little more oil in the pan. Cook the onion for 3-4 minutes until just tender, then add the garlic and mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Pour in the stock and wine, and return the chicken to the pan with the mustard and thyme.
- Simmer for 15 minutes until thickened and slightly reduced, remove from the heat and stir through the sour cream. Serve with mashed potato and steamed greens. Serves 4
Recipe created exclusively for the Woolworths Baby and Toddler Club
The information on this site does not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making, or refraining from making, any decision. The information on this site should not replace the expertise of qualified professionals, and if you have any concerns, you should always consult a qualified professional.