- 100g dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 tbs Homebrand Peanut Oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4cm piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1/4 can water chestnuts, crushed
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1/2 small Chinese cabbage (wombok), shredded
- 14 large rice paper spring roll wrappers
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- spray olive oil
- plum sauce, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain, and using scissors, cut into 4cm lengths.
- Heat peanut oil in a wok over high heat. Add garlic and ginger. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add chestnuts, carrot, cabbage and noodles. Stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are just tender. Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool.
- Place 1 spring roll wrapper on workbench with 1 corner facing you. Place 2 tablespoons of filling across corner. Brush wrapper edges with egg yolk. Fold corner over filling, then roll up firmly, folding in edges. Press to seal. Place on a tray, then repeat with remaining wrappers and filling. Cover and refrigerate until required.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place rolls onto the tray. Spray spring rolls with oil. Bake for 10 minutes. Turn. Spray with oil. Bake for 5 minutes or until lightly golden. Serves 7 (makes 14)
Fresh tip: These also make a great adult entrée, which taste terrific with sweet chilli sauce.
Recipe supplied by Toddler Tastes
The information on this site does not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making, or refraining from making, any decision. The information on this site should not replace the expertise of qualified professionals, and if you have any concerns, you should always consult a qualified professional.