- 100g dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 tbs Homebrand Peanut Oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4cm piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1/4 can water chestnuts, crushed
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1/2 small Chinese cabbage (wombok), shredded
- 14 large rice paper spring roll wrappers
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- spray olive oil
- plum sauce, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain, and using scissors, cut into 4cm lengths.
- Heat peanut oil in a wok over high heat. Add garlic and ginger. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add chestnuts, carrot, cabbage and noodles. Stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are just tender. Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool.
- Place 1 spring roll wrapper on workbench with 1 corner facing you. Place 2 tablespoons of filling across corner. Brush wrapper edges with egg yolk. Fold corner over filling, then roll up firmly, folding in edges. Press to seal. Place on a tray, then repeat with remaining wrappers and filling. Cover and refrigerate until required.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place rolls onto the tray. Spray spring rolls with oil. Bake for 10 minutes. Turn. Spray with oil. Bake for 5 minutes or until lightly golden. Serves 7 (makes 14)
Fresh tip: These also make a great adult entrée, which taste terrific with sweet chilli sauce.